AirFit™ P30i Support
- Bring the mask above your patient's head and then down over their face while ensuring the elbow is centered on top of the head.
- Place the headgear behind the patient’s head and align the nasal pillows into your nostrils.
- Adjust the headgear by tightening or loosening it as appropriate until the mask and cushion are comfortably in place.
- Squeeze the side buttons on both sides of the mask elbow to quickly and easily disconnect it from the top of the frame, and then attach it to the patient’s air tubing.
- Reconnect the mask elbow (with the air tubing connected) to the top of the frame.
Choosing the Right Frame Size
- The AirFit P30i SpringFit frame comes in only two sizes and is designed for a broad range of fit. For male patients, start with the Standard frame. For female patients, start with the Small frame.
- If you try the Small frame, and it falls forward on your patient’s head or rests too close to the patient's eyes, size up to the Standard frame for a better fit.
- If the Standard frame falls back over your patient’s head or sits too close to their ears, try the Small frame for a more comfortable fit.
- Take the nasal pillows cushion off of the frame as per disassembly instructions.
- Soak the nasal pillows cushion in warm water and a mild liquid detergent.
- Clean the nasal pillows cushion and its vent holes inside and out with a soft bristle brush.
- Rinse the nasal pillows cushion thoroughly under running tap water.
- Gently shake it to remove any excess water.
- Leave the nasal pillows cushion to air dry away from direct sunlight.
- Disassemble the mask into its components as per disassembly instructions.
- Soak each of the mask components (headgear, elbow and frame) in warm water and a mild liquid detergent.
- Gently hand-wash the headgear. Clean the mask elbow and frame with a soft bristle brush.
- Rinse each of the mask components thoroughly under running tap water.
- Squeeze the headgear and the sleeves on the frame with a clean towel to remove excess water.
- Leave each of the mask components to air dry away from direct sunlight.
Manageing Mask Leaks
- Locate where the air is escaping from on the mask, which is typically above or below the nasal pillows cushion.
- If air leaks from the side or top of the nasal pillows cushion, adjust the mask fitting to improve the seal.
- Gently pull the nasal pillows cushion out from under the nose and away from the face. Then, let the mask reseal itself.
- Adjust the headgear as needed to achieve a more secure seal. Then, check to ensure the frame is secure and that the mask elbow and tubing are not pulling on the mask.
- Ensure the mask is disconnected from the CPAP device.
- Pull the nasal pillows cushion out from one end of the frame. Repeat on the other end.
- Unfasten the headgear tab from one side and pull it out of the frame. Repeat on the other side.
- Squeeze the side buttons on the mask elbow and pull up to quickly and easily release it from the frame.
- Ensure all the mask components and parts are together to begin.
- Connect the mask elbow to the frame.
- Thread the left end of the headgear into the left side of the frame and fasten the tab. Next, thread the right end of the headgear into the right side of the frame and fasten the tab.
- Align the arrow on the nasal pillows cushion to the arrow on the frame and connect them together. Then, connect the remaining end of the nasal pillows cushion and frame together with the ResMed logo facing the right way up through the headgear.