AirFit™ P10 Support
- Hold the pillows away from your nose ensuring that the pillow size (eg, M) with the left (L) and right (R) indicators are correctly facing towards you then guide the nasal pillows into your nostrils (L into your left nostril, R into your right nostril). Pull the headgear over your head by holding the bottom strap and stretching it around the back of your head. The top strap should sit comfortably on top of your head. Tip! There are raised logos on top of the frame so you can feel the correct way up when fitting in the dark.
- Move the mask away from your face then place it back to get a comfortable fit. Ensure the nasal pillows fit securely into your nostrils with both pillows positioned upright.
- Finally, connect the end of the mask tubing into your device air tubing. Your mask is now fitted and ready to use. When the device is running, a light breeze should be felt through the vent. To inspect the vent place a finger close but not over the entire vent area.
To achieve a comfortable fit, adjust the split straps by spreading them apart to loosen or draw them closer together to tighten.
Cleaning your mask
Your mask and headgear should only be gently handwashed. The mask vent may discolour over time due to dust. Follow the cleaning instructions in this guide to maintain performance and safety of the mask.
Always follow cleaning instructions and use mild soap. Some cleaning products may damage the mask, its parts and their function, or leave harmful residual vapours that could be inhaled if not rinsed thoroughly.
- If any visible deterioration of a system component is apparent (cracking, crazing, tears etc), the component should be discarded and replaced.
- Avoid connecting flexible PVC products (eg, PVC tubing) directly to any part of the mask. Flexible PVC contains elements that can be detrimental to the materials of the mask, and may cause the components to crack or break.
Daily/After each use
- Disassemble the pillows from the frame according to the disassembly instructions.
- Thoroughly clean the separated mask components (excluding headgear), by gently rubbing in warm (approximately 86°F/30°C) water using mild soap.
- To optimize the mask seal, facial oils should be removed from the pillows after use.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean the vent.
- Inspect each component and, if required, repeat washing until visually clean.
- Rinse all components well with drinking quality water and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight. Dry the vent by gently wiping with a cloth.
- Handwash the headgear in warm (approximately 86°F/30°C) water using mild soap. It may be washed without being disassembled. Rinse well and allow it to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- Holding the top of the mask tubing, squeeze and pull the pillows away from the mask frame.
- Remove the headgear from the stabilizers by holding the fabric end of each strap and pulling out to reveal the buttonhole, then sliding over the node and off the end of each stabilizer. Your mask is now disassembled.
- With the gray side facing out, insert each end of the headgear strap over the stabilizers through the buttonholes. Secure in place by wrapping each strap end up and around the nodes. Holding the split straps, pull the headgear from the stabilizer to ensure it is tightly secure around the nodes. Ensure the headgear strap is not twisted.
- Attach the pillows to the mask frame by inserting the top and bottom clips into the correct slots (shorter clip into top slot, longer clip into bottom slot) on the mask frame. Your mask is now reassembled.
- Ensure the inner walls of the nasal pillows are not compressed or collapsed. If they are, squeeze each nasal pillow so they return to the correct shape.